Saturday, April 14, 2018

Peanut butter, Part II

It looks like I beat the rush.
A sampling of what I bought.  I am only showing one of each item.  I bought multiples of some items.
From left-to-right:

  • Calcium Carbonate antacid and Ranitidine, I find myself more vulnerable to acid stomach than I used to be.  Part of it is due to the low-dose aspirin and some is that I am less tolerant of spicy foods.  Also, Mrs ERJ takes CaCO3 for bone health.
  • Hydrocortisone cream, good for poison ivy and bug bites.
  • Stretch wrap, good for binding wounds on fingers or body parts that must flex.
  • Methyl-salicate & menthol cream, muscle pain.  My assumption is that life could become much more physical.
  • Bandages and Triple Antibiotic, uses are obvious
  • Enteric coated, low dose aspirin, for our tickers and for pain and fever relief.
  • Diphenhydramine, antihistamine for allergies.  Can be used as a sedative in a pinch.  Pills can be crushed and moistened for a topical paste.
  • Vitamin pills.


Some of the bulkier items.  All stuff we will use in the next year.
From upper-left corner,
  • Chocolate, universal defense against the dark arts
  • Coffee, elixir of coherent thought
  • Dental care items
  • Socks, life is likely to get more physical and footwear takes a beating
  • Peanut butter, calorically dense and time efficient to prepare.
Not pictured, six pairs of work gloves.

Total cost, about $130.  Mrs ERJ gave me the go-ahead as long as I worked from a list.  While $130 might seem like a lot of money this is all stuff we use anyway and there are men who spend more than that for cosmetics in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.