Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Those whom the gods would destroy they first make proud

Those whom the gods would destroy they first make proud.  -Sophocles

I am limping around today.  I have not had plantar fasciitis in thirteen years but I have it today.  I think it was a combination of trying to keep up with the Captain and working on the barn foundation.  I thought I was eight feet tall and bullet proof.  I was wrong.

I received sympathy from an unlikely source; Belladonna.  She is home for spring break.

She is big on physical fitness.  She can bench press a refrigerator, dead lift a piano and squat a Chevy, short block, crate engine...although not all at the same time.  She engages in monster workouts five days a week.

She is currently afflicted with what looks like pes anserine bursitis.  We are both hobbling around the house like a couple of 90 year olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.