Monday, February 12, 2018

Getting dressed up


We are going to an event later this week that demands a higher degree of dressiness than is my habit.

Protests that black and plaid go with everything were not heeded.  Mrs ERJ is fretting about how to dress me.

She is getting much advice from my sisters and sisters-in-law.  I am curious: How is it that they know so much about duct tape, zip-ties and restraints?

Mrs ERJ does not do this very often.  The smart thing to do is to go with the flow.

3 comments:

  1. My eyes - they burn!

    A dark solid always works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that suit is painful on the eyes.

      You will be happy to know that Mrs ERJ opted for black slacks, light blue shirt, dull blue-gray tie and a "tweedy" sport coat.

      It is still a mystery to me why plaid goes with everything...except other plaid.

      Delete
    2. Competing designs and, at least, in the quilting world, there is no place for the eyes to rest while trying to take in all that busy-ness.

      Delete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.