Monday, January 1, 2018

Getting along and closing the curtain

Wirecutter at Knuckledraggin has it figured out:

Basic Rules For Living Among Others Without Getting Your Ass Beat, shit like respecting other’s privacy and belongings, don’t call motherfuckers names or talk shit, that sort of thing – no big deal really because you either got to be friends with your roomies or you swapped room assignments around until you ended up with your friends.

Personally, I found that the best solution was not to room with somebody your worked directly with, for or under, that way you’re not around somebody 24 hours a day. Hey man, everybody needs a break, right?


Even in a room with a couple roommates there’s still privacy, even if it’s in your own mind. You just have to learn how to close that curtain. If I was in the common area reading my book, I was cool, but if I was in my bunk don’t even bother talking to me because you’re not even going to get a grunt back. On the same token, if you see one of your roomies reading a book, writing a letter or listening to music with headphones on, leave him the fuck alone. His curtain is drawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.