Monday, September 18, 2017

Wherein Eaton Rapids Joe gets pimped.






My box of donuts on the left.  Freddie's in the background.
You met Freddie on this blog several times in the past.  Most notably HERE.

Freddie takes a box of donuts up to the hospital every Monday morning.  He picks up the donuts at seven while there is still a good selection.  The nurses change shifts at eight and he delivers the donuts at 8:30 AM.

To kill time, he drinks coffee with the boys.

We tease him about stealing his donuts.  He chuckles his wheezy chuckle and always says, "You ain't gonna get them donuts.  I locked my doors."  It is a long standing joke.

Today I thought I would mess with him.  I bought a box of donuts at the same place Freddie buys donuts and went to coffee "late" to ensure that Freddie was already there.

I strolled into the restaurant carrying my box of donuts and loudly announced that I "found" a box of donuts in the parking lot...that somebody had not locked their doors.

I didn't fool Freddie for a second.  "Them ain't my donuts.  I seen ya come in and watched your reflection in the winder.  I kept my eye on you when you started poking around my truck.  You never opened no doors."

And so, today, the joke is on me and it is probably even funnier than if I had managed to pull one over on Freddie. 

1 comment:

  1. Soooo, he didn't fall off the turnip truck last night, did he? :-D

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.