Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Tempest in a Teapot?

It looks like "the kid's" problem got handled.

I just finished talking with him on the phone.  It was a typical "guy" conversation lasting about 25 seconds.

If I understand the plan, school policy allows him to submit late homework for partial credit.  The counselor advised him to re-submit all of the homework to nail down all of that partial credit.  If all he gets is the partial credit he is doing well enough on the tests to still pass the classes and still attend his college level classes.

I was also given to understand that somebody was working on sorting out time/date stamps although that might not be necessary.

I also heard that I did not have the entire story.  Kids!  I am just guessing here, but this may not have been going on for all six weeks.

I want to give the Eaton Rapids School District staff an official atta-boy.  Some of the key players were out of the building today but they still responded in a very positive way.  Enough other people stepped up, even though it was not their job, and took care of business in the three hours the kid was in the building.

I apologize if I made it sound like I thought folks were not doing their jobs.  I would blame the computer spell check if I thought you would believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.