Thursday, June 12, 2014

Good-bye Little Red Camera

My little red camera died.  It was a Nikon CoolPix L26. It served me well.  It ran the race.  It fought the good fight.  It will be missed.

For the duration I am switching over to my FujiFilm FinePix S700.  Compared to the CoolPix this camera is a monster.  No chance of sliding this baby into a pocket.

Here are a few pictures from the day taken with the FinePix

About 200 cabbage plants.  Cultivar is Multikeeper.
Some filbert/hazelnut cuttings.
A closer look. A hop cutting snuck in.  I used Grodan rockwook cubes for the first time and liked them.
Picture of a hazelnut stem with a healed Eastern Filbert Blight lesion.  This plant gets many cankers but they are self limiting and heal.
So far, this is the one mulberry graft that took this year.  This is a scion from the Pet Cemetery tree.  That is about one-for-twenty.  So far I am zero for mumble on chestnuts and zero for double-mumble on oak grafts.
A black walnut graft that is taking.  I followed the advice of Lucky Pittman.  I used approach grafts and made my scionwood pieces longer than I had in the past.  I also used parafilm to cover the graft.  This graft is about 10 days old.
This is an apple graft.  It is just starting to push buds.  I like to plant seedlings and let them fruit just to see what they are like.  In many cases they are nothing special, in which case I graft them over to something I like better.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.