Sunday, June 15, 2014

Church Services

The 11:00 AM service at my church is getting longer and longer.

I broached a sensitive topic with the family.  Keep in mind that two of the family are teenagers and one of the adults is a night-owl.  I suggested that we go to an earlier service.

Our priest serves two separate congregations.  He has an early Mass in Charlotte, then zooms over to Bellevue for another Mass, then back to Charlotte for the 11:00 AM service.  He has to scoot right along during the two earlier services if he is to start the next one on time.  I think he relaxes a bit for the last service and it is longer.

So I suggested that we go to the 8:30 AM Mass in Charlotte.  I told them it was MUCH shorter than the 11:00 AM service.

I was making major headway until Mrs ERJ remembered that the service started at 8:00 AM.  I got voted down 3-to-1. 

On a slightly different note, have you ever wondered how many commandments Moses would have come down the mountain with if he had been carrying an 8 Gb thumbdrive rather than stone tablets?

Happy Fathers day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.