Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Waiting for a Package

Elijah arose and went to Zarephath. When he arrived at the entrance of the city, a widow was there gathering sticks; he called out to her, “Please bring me a small cupful of water to drink.” She left to get it, and he called out after her, “Please bring along a crust of bread.” She said, “As the LORD, your God, lives, I have nothing baked; there is only a handful of flour in my jar and a little oil in my jug. Just now I was collecting a few sticks, to go in and prepare something for myself and my son; when we have eaten it, we shall die.” Elijah said to her, “Do not be afraid. Go and do as you have said. But first make me a little cake and bring it to me. Afterwards you can prepare something for yourself and your son. For the LORD, the God of Israel, says: The jar of flour shall not go empty, nor the jug of oil run dry, until the day when the LORD sends rain upon the earth.” 1 Kings 17:10-14

Some of us have hobbies that involve sending small objects downrange at high velocity.

That hobby is not golf.

If you are like me, then you feel anxiety as the contents of the jar and the jug dwindle.  But the Lord is good.  I was able to buy another jug of the precious powder (not flour!) from some fine folks in Winfield, Kansas. It was not what I normally use but it is very similar.

They ship Fedex.

My problem is that I must be here to sign for the package and I have some commitments that will drag me away from the house.

Belladonna has an orthodontist appointment at 10.  I already rescheduled my school volunteering stint for Thursday.

Another commitment I made is that I put earnest money down on a generator and said I would pick it up today.  Picking up heavy and bulky objects has become more complicated now that I do not have a truck that works.  One of my brothers agreed to help me out and I need to give him as much lead time as possible so he can fit it into his schedule.

I also have to pick up Kubota after his math tutoring at 3:45.

Belladonna has a track meet in Parma/Spring Arbor, Michigan this evening.

The latest information I have from Fedex is that the package was placed on the delivery truck at 5:18 in Lansing, Michigan.  

I am not complaining.  Waiting for a package is a good problem to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.