Sunday, March 30, 2014

Springtime, when thoughts turn to love

Belladonna got invited to the Prom.

The young man did his homework.  He talked to three of Belladonna's friends to sound out
  • If she already had a date
  • If she might say yes if he asked her
  • The best way to approach her and ask.
Belladonna is floating on a cloud.

I see this young man's initials written on our white boards (dry erase boards) with curlycues and exclamation points.

She is singing and humming as she scoots around the house.  For no reason at all.

Busting Chops


I have a roll to play.  I am the dad.  I am the parking brakes.  If they go parking, something is going to get broken.

I decided to bust her chops a little bit.

"So, Bella, does he shoot a 12 gauge or a 20 gauge shotgun?"  I asked.

"I don't know." she said.  "But I am sure it is one of those two.  He shoots and hunts and fishes."

I am warming to this young man and I have yet to meet him.  I like people who are capable of putting food on the table and protecting themselves and the people they love.

But I am not going to tell that to Belladonna.  I am still the parking brake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.