Sunday, November 10, 2013

New Ladder Stand

I bought and put up a new, 16' ladder stand yesterday.

A few weeks ago I asked the Captain his opinion.  He gets a good look at the back of my property due to the lay of the land.  We took a walk on my property.  Told each other a few lies.  Ate some apples.  And picked out a couple of promising looking trees.  The Captain strongly advised against using a wild black cherry.  He has seen too many of them spit out fasteners and snap limbs.

The stand is in a Black Locust tree.  I will be facing west.  The tree to the left is a Chinese Chestnut tree.  It will have leaves on it until February and will help break up my silhouette.



View to the south.  Arrow points at a buck rub and a scrape.  Some of Captain's pasture in the background.



View to the northwest.  Arrow points at a scrape.  This will require a left hand shot 8-(.  Pasture in background is mine. 


1 comment:

  1. I bought and put up a new, 16' ladder stand yesterday. A few weeks ago I asked the Captain his opinion. He gets a good look at the back of my ... eladderstand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.